Sandusky and Justice

I am a little late to the news that former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky was convicted of 45 of the 48 counts of sexual abuse. I am glad the jury found him guilty. Now mabey the boys he molested can now have some sort of peace within themselves. Or at least move toward peace. I try to stay away from the news when it comes to sex abuse stories. Having been through it myself, seeing it on the news brings up memories that I don't want to deal with or think about. But at least in this case, justice has been served. He won't be able to hurt anyone else ever again. I hope he begs forgiveness from God because he is going to need it. I think the media coverage on this case has dimished the stigma ( only to a certain degree) of survivors of sex abuse. And I try not to follow the path of the media and call them "victims"...... because when you really think about it, we aren't victims. We are survivors. We do our best to overcome what has been done to us. And we also try to prevent it happening to someone else. I haven't watched too much of the case, so I don't know specifics. But I do know that Sandusky will rot in jail for the rest of his sad, pathetic life. There is one more child molestor off the streets today. Let this be a lesson to the rest. If you can't find anything to be happy about today, be happy that he can't hurt anyone else. And for anyone who is struggling with being molested as a child, please go to therapy. Please go to the police. Even is the statute of limitations is up, still tell them. Just so they know in case someone else comes forward in the future. Don't be afraid to talk to someone. It wasn't your fault. It took me awhile to realize that part. And please, if you suspect a child is being molested, please call the police or call a social worker. It is always better to be safe than sorry. I hope the Sandusky case serves as a reminder that molestion can happen anywhere, and can be done by those whom we think would never be capable of such a horrible act. I pray for all of the survivors and their families. And I also pray for those who are going through it now, and who are too afraid to speak up. God, please give them strength and courage. Please help them. Justice was served in this case, and I hope justice will be served for millions of others now. Peace be with you all. Have a blessed Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crucible vs. McCarthyism: A Comparison/Contrast Essay.

The River Of Dreams

Finding Healing and Refuge in the Catholic Church