Falling (poem)

In 2004, I was a senior and I took Creative Writing class. We had to write a poem with examples of personification and hyperbole in it. A lot of my poems from then are very dark as I was in a very dark place in my life. But, I thought I would share my poem with personification and hyperbole.

Falling

My heart aches with everlasting pain
Everytime you speak to me I melt
Your love is like a baby screaming out loud
My cries echo in the halls
I am holding on desperately to you
My heart is filled with tears
I try to cling on but I am falling away
The flowers in the garden turn into blood
Our eyes are flooding with fire
Your heart is a murderer
And I always stay and keep falling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crucible vs. McCarthyism: A Comparison/Contrast Essay.

Finding Healing and Refuge in the Catholic Church

The River Of Dreams