Ode to the Backstreet Boys

This year marks the 20th Anniversary of The Backstreet Boys and their music. I have been a fan for 17 of those years. I first heard their music when I was 11 years old. A time in my life where I was started to be bullied relentlessly in school.

The Backstreet Boys and their music is truely timeless. Their vocals blend together effortlessly and their music has evolved through the years.

One of the biggest reasons why I am a huge fan, is because they keep it real. They were never afraid to speak about their personal struggles. And not afraid to speak about faith. When A.J. first went to rehab they were honest with us fans about it. Other boy bands tried to maintain a shiny, perfect image and the Backstreet Boys kept it real. They gained a lot of respect even from people who never listened to their music.

Personally, their music helped me through some of the hardest times in my life so far. It gave me moments where I could be lost in the music and forget about my troubles for a moment. Their music gave me hope. It gave me an outlet for my pain and anger and sadness. When I came home from school (the days that I did go) from a horrible day I would go up to my room, put on my earphones, and go to a happier place within myself with their music.

20 years on, they have families, like most of their "old" fans do now. Its amazing how time has flown by. I hope that there will be another 20 years of the Backstreet Boys. I'm so happy that they have new music coming soon. And I'm happy, as I'm sure all fans are, that all 5 of them are back together.

So, I would like to say to Nick, Brian, A.J., Howie and Kevin: Thank you. You all will never know just how much you mean to all your fans. Happy 20th Anniversary!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I almost forgot, if for some reason you've been living under a rock from civiliazation the past 20 years and don't know who the Backstreet Boys are, visit their official site . And enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crucible vs. McCarthyism: A Comparison/Contrast Essay.

Finding Healing and Refuge in the Catholic Church

The River Of Dreams