The Dangers of the Occult

I practiced the occult in high school. Honestly, me and my friends had no idea what the hell we were doing. Saying and doing spells, etc. It wasn't until I played with a Ouiji board that things started happening. I started having horrible night terrors. I sank into a horrible depression and was constantly getting sick. The house had a feeling of sadness in it that wasn't there before. Then, I started feeling like something evil was in my room. I felt like I wanted to die. I stopped practicing it altogether after awhile.

Now, I am Catholic. And even though I don't practice the occult anymore, there is a lingering feeling of uneasiness in me. I feel like there is something trying to stop me from gettting further in my faith. Everyday I have to fight it. I fight it with prayer, talking to friends in the faith, etc. The doors from that past are not completely closed. I'm not sure if there is ever a way to completely close it. The devil does anything and everything to try and get God's children to the dark side. The occult is dangerous. I am thankful that I am no longer in the occult. And I am thankful for my friends in the Catholic faith for teaching me and having patience with me in my doubts and questions. Sometimes I feel bad for asking so much but I know that if I have questions, then I need to ask. I need to be open in my struggles with faith. Faith is never easy. I'm glad I'm not alone on this journey.

And for anyone practicing the occult, please get out of it. Its not what you think it is. It does a lot of internal damage. Please realize that before its too late. God is always there for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crucible vs. McCarthyism: A Comparison/Contrast Essay.

Finding Healing and Refuge in the Catholic Church

The River Of Dreams