Choosing Life Over Abortion

The past few weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster for me. I learned that I was pregnant. Then, I started having pains. I went to the E.R. where they diagnosed me with Subchorionic Hematoma. That means that there is blood around the sac/placenta depending on how far along you are. I was told the risk of miscarriage is higher with it. It is extremely scary, especially since this is my first pregnancy. Sometimes the body absorbs the blood and everything is fine. Then other times, a miscarriage happens. If that wasn't enough to make me scared and worried, the reaction from the father of the baby was even more upsetting.

He wants an abortion. He is pushing hard for it and using every excuse in the book. From my financial situation to my mother to him being a lot older, etc. I told him I don't believe in abortion. He replied with the line that all ignorant people say.....that I have to go against my beliefs and do what is "right" for the child. Apparently, if I were to have the child, it would suffer because I am poor. So apparently I have to be rich to have a child. I might not have a lot of money. I might come from a broken family. But that makes me more stronger and knowlegable to raise a child in a stable environment. A stable environment has nothing to do with money. Money doesn't give a child love. It doesn't give morals. It doesn't give values. A parent is supossed to give those things. And that is what I will give my baby. I will teach my baby about faith. Aboutt freedom. I will shower it with all of the love I have inside me. And I know my friends and some of my family will too.

I will not kill a baby because I made a mistake in being with the wrong person. I will not kill my baby because I don't have a lot of money. I've seen the heartbeat on the ultrasound. It is a living human inside of me that is dependant on me. I helped make it and I'm not going to turn my back on it. I value life. I believe God doesn't make mistakes.

As of this week, I am 8 weeks pregnant. I would really appreciate prayers for me to go full term with my baby. I know that miscarriage is still possible so that is always in the back of my mind. I pray for God to help me be healthy and to have the baby healthy too. Usually people don't come out with pregnancy news until they are showing and done the first trimester, but in this case, I need the emotional and moral support from people.

I pray everything will be ok. It is very scary but at the same time, exciting to know that I am going to be a mom. This is my first pregnancy at 27 and I think that I've done good for myself so far in my life. I've been through things that could have broken me, but didn't. I'm thankful for what God has given me and I pray that He let's me become a mom and raise my baby with all the love in the world.

Comments

  1. Colena, we are rooting for you always. You've bravely made the correct choice, and the right decision for you, and your child. (Really death is better than life? Sic!) Stay strong, positive, exercise moderately, eat healthy, and keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Crucible vs. McCarthyism: A Comparison/Contrast Essay.

The River Of Dreams